You aren’t the only one who needs to shape up for summer—your BMW needs some attention, too. Summer heat can wreak havoc on your car, but here are some simple steps you can take to protect your beloved Beamer:
- Check your tire pressure. – Luckily, most newer-model cars are equipped with sensors that let you know when the pressure is low, but it never hurts to pull out the old pressure gauge and check it yourself.
- Check your oil and filter. – Car care experts recommend you get your oil changed every 3,000 to 7,500 miles. If you prefer to do it yourself, Edmunds.com has a great step-by-step tutorial.
- Check belts and hoses. – Heat can cause plastic and rubber to crack, so look for any signs of wear and get them replaced, if needed. This can prevent catastrophic damage if something springs a leak.
- Check your air conditioner. – In the heat of summer, your air conditioning is one of the best features about your BMW. Have the system checked out to make sure it isn’t low on refrigerant.
- Check your battery. – Batteries are highly susceptible to damage from heat, so have it checked to make sure the terminals are clean.
You can always check these things yourself, or you can schedule an appointment with our friendly service department and they will gladly inspect your BMW and perform any necessary service to keep your BMW running at its best.